06 May 2006

.: Me and Lil Joe :.


Tessa and Joe 1
Originally uploaded by ohtoberich.
From what I can tell this is just a parliminary round. Its hard to believe that I've probably just introduced myself to this guy just moments before... and here we are rocking out.

He'd asked, "Do you do Slow Drag?" I had only heard the phrase after watching video of it in Charlie Fuller's presentation that day. All I'd say in response: "well, I follow." Next thing I knew, this guy is making me fly!

When I realized that he'd qualified for the finalsl, I was fairly certain that my name would be called for finals too. Between those two points I was praying to be matched up with Joe. I was and we'd won.

I look at this picture and I'm astounded that two random people can get together to dance. Seriously, partner dancing even at its most basic, is hard. Moving your body, moving another's body to music that can be interpreted so differently between the two dancers. Mash all that together in a split second. Interpret the dance and the music and still convey spirit. To be able to do that with a random person. Amazing.

More puke about dancing sooner.

No comments: