Ever kind of get all excited about someone you haven't seen for a while? Then its not as exciting as it was before? Its not as exciting as you remember?
My tacklehugs... My Atomic Bomb of a Hello... I've realized I give them out much less than I used to do. Sure I go freak wild on an Exchange weekend. But then it eventually gets down to chatting about the real stuff and not just the excitement of, I dunno, the initial dance (?). Its a good thing the tacklehugs are a load of happy in themselves :)
I missed a fundraiser BBQ this weekend. Primarily, because I didn't want to have the real life conversations after the enthusiatic hello. It'd be a great big "Hello, how are you?" and then you actually have to talk about how you are... most probably in a fake happy kind of way. I'm not happy with ma stuff at the moment. How can I fake happy with that? This is the same explaination for missing a number of weddings this summer too...
Saying goodbye was something else that came up this weekend. It sometimes sucks and sometimes it never really ends. Hmm.. for the instantaneous slam of a tacklehug.. when I really get attached to someone I'm never very good about letting go. I've had to more recently... I think I'm getting the hang of it... getting better at saying goodbye.
Tonight I watched this dance performance at Links Hall (and it was NOT lindy related). Aside from the great admiration of the human body and its movement, I saw the complexity of relationships. I saw the comparison and contrast of bodies being together and being without the other. It was really very sensual and emotional. I think I'm losing some of that with Lindy Hop recently. Not sure why, just know I'm not ready to say goodbye...
(Dear Dev, I miss you...)
29 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment