08 November 2007

.: Acupuncture Session :.

Finally.

Had my first acupuncture session tonight er yesterday at this point.

What an incredibly thorough intake session. So many key questions...

I have had a lot of information on acupuncture in the past so I knew what to expect. But I have to admit when I finally lay down for the treatment I suddenly felt panicky. Can't lie... the first three needles hurt a bit. They were in the most sensitive areas of complaint in my shoulders. My shoulders are in bad shape. Immediately, I'd felt quite a bit of pressure there. As more needles were placed around my body, my body warmed up and then chilled. I was told it was my energy finally getting moved about. At another point, a couple of needles were just plain hurting. They were removed and my practitioner used some myofascial techniques (yay!) to release the muscle a bit. Next, I was left alone in the room with light dimmed. My body went through a serious of hot flashes and chills. Finally, after some time - had no perception of how much time elapsed - they removed my needles. A bit more muscular work and I was out. I felt like I do after a heavy duty massage session. Still had the high and soreness. I did find that I had a greater range of motion. A serious improvement. I was in bad shape.

Its work. Bad body dynamics for one and then the stress that I've written about recently. Well, I've decided to stay on and just hunker down for the holidays. I've a few more projects that will bring in some cash for the holidays. That'll be nice.

I think I'll go back in the next few weeks. I want to keep working on this problem. It'll be a welcome stress reliever during the holidays. That and it'll keep me making healthier choices.

1 comment:

nuprin said...

Oh Lordy I was in serious pain yesterday..I think I'll be better today...let's see what happens after I start up at work again tonight.