06 January 2008

.: And I Cook... :.

Dammit if it hasn't been a shitty shitty few weeks for me. I'll be honest. Its kinda difficult to be genuinely happy about someone else's good fortune when I've got my own shit going on.

Tonight, I cooked dinner for friends. I really put all my anger and frustration and disappointment and despair to the side. All my concentration was spent creating and preparing food. Cooking and cutting. Simmering and tasting. Baking and seasoning. I didn't have a chance to feel sorry for myself. I really wanted to try to at least make an enjoyable dinner though I wasn't feeling very social.

Lately I've been experiencing moments of anxiety with people. Reminds me of the time I refused to talk to someone and Dr Kim said: Who are you and what have you done with Tessa? I really haven't been myself. Even around good friends.

Maybe it was the few glasses of wine or maybe because I like to make others happy or maybe cause I like throwing parties. Eventually, I felt a lot better. I sat for a moment and watched my friends laughing, drinking and eating. My dear dear friends. They make me happy because I make them happy. Its a nice little circle.

That and I cook real good.

3 comments:

Jeremy Schneider said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes, you cooks very real good. Man those ricotta stuffed shells were amazing - not to mention everything else!!!

Anonymous said...

you should cook a little less

less cook less fat