I was just talking to someone recently about how insincere holiday greetings have become. There are people and places out there that just punctuate the end of a sentence with a "HaveAMerryChristmas" or "HappyNewYears". How dreary and jading for the folks that have to hear those phrases hundreds of times a day.
I know I get bleary-eyed at the sound it at times... so while I was Target, I never offered to say it to anyone. If it was said to me, I'd gladly respond with a "HappyHolidays" yet rarely could I back that up with sincerity. I didn't like that people put out that matzo ball of well-wishing and me totally not responding.
well with that dear friends, HAPPYNEWYEAR! Sewiously, thanks for everything, all the time, each and everytime you'd made me smile and laugh last year. And here's to an even better and more sincere new year...
Auld Lang Syne
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear
For auld lang syne
We'll take a cup of kindness, yet
For auld lang syne
01 January 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment