The Second of February in the Year of Our Lord 2005.
Twas the rockin-est karaoke night I've EVER witnessed. Started out with a beer, a dollar burger at the Wild Goose, and luvery conversation with Manda et al. We just kept hypin ourselves up for he Holiday because Manda's younger sister is turning the big TWO ONE in a few weeks and we're finally going to bring her there.
So we hurry off b/c, BIG coinkydink, Steph is going to be there. As is Devon. As is the Cast of Real Aural Talent. So as it happens in most places, the Corn Crew took over. If we weren't the ones that actually we up singing and ripping up songs, we would end up being back up dancers. In the case of the couple that sang a gorgeous rendition of "Time of My Life", I leapt up into the arms of some guy I did NOT even know to recreate the Jennifer Grey/Patrick Swayze Flying Goose scene in Dirty Dancing. I think we might have made some folks pee.
So this is what got me. Steph and I were sposed sing Veruca Salt's Seether together. She picked it but then she had to leave early. So I took it on. As I was singing the song, I'd forgotten that Selling Spice - my old band - used to cover it. For once I actually got through it without forgetting the words. And I LOVED how all the girls in the room just went apeshit. *sigh* I miss rocking out.
So if anyone knows Jesse McCabe and/or Jeff Perlstein... Tell 'em Tessa's looking for them...
04 February 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You need to do more stupid audio-blogs so I can make fun of them.
I'm bored.
Post a Comment