19 May 2005

.: From Dallas, TX ...bitches... :.

So here I am.. in Dallas .. for bidness.

After a longASS marathon roadtrip with the company, I arrived yesterday evening. I got my sweet suite key with plans to crash out after the 18 hour trip (There was an accident on the highway that delayed us.) But b4 I passed out, I decided to call TXJess to find out what was up in D-town. Then we'd decided to go ahead to meet up for dinner after I cleaned up and taken a nap.

Well, there was no nap aftersheer coincidence I'd finally discovered the contact info for OnDaSide and her hubby, Brian. I was so hyped to see them all I quick showered and went out on the town. First, Christine had to leave for her Peds rotation while Bri, Jess and I went to a FABOO cafe, Cafe Express. God Bless, the Oasis Bar. Then, bubble tea at Tempest Tea - quite possibly better than Argo. The place was gorgeous and the company even better - even Hong from Austin called on Bri's phone.

Then back to Chez Chen for a round of dessert, yummy home frothed cappacinno, and viewings of Star Wars Spoofs on Atom Films! I am so regretting that I can't stay through Sat. for the dancy dance but perhaps we can all get together for something on Friday.

Right now - I'm relaxing after a morning swim with a lovely tea and an episode of "ER". I'm also chatting with Anne-girl in Champaign, Manda in Italy, Mugs in Chicago, and Jose, who I hadn't spoken to in years, in JAPAN. God Bless high Speed Internet in awesome hotel rooms.

Ok now back to "work". Later kids...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i {heart} cafe express! i always eat there when visiting the extended fam in dallas. mmm.