08 December 2005

.: Day After Dance Class :.

Augh…

Now it’s in my hips. The soreness is making its tour around EVERYWHERE in my body. This blows.

So about last night. I’d decided I am going to go to my dance classes anyways. I’d had to cancel a meeting that I where I was going to be late. I could not miss the last teaching class. Well, I could but didn’t want to besides I had class observation notes to share.

It was interesting watching the teaching class. We all have come such a long way and there was such great improvement in communication and presentation. I’m sure most feel like me and feel as though we’d like a chance to discuss more. I certainly feel I need to pick the teachers brains more. I want more vocabulary and I need to practice what I say and do. This is so much like learning another language. Trying to communicate clearly to someone that doesn’t have the same skill experience is a lot harder than it looks. (Thanks for the French class, Jo and Adeyoye.)

The performance group looked awesome. Fantastic! A little more polish, some more than others, but it sure is nice to see it all come together. This class killed me. I was getting upset that I couldn’t participate. I knew better than to strain myself yet watching folks executing aerials that I nailed in practice session…it sucked. Then I’d thought how incredibly lost I’d be if I could never dance again. Never ever.

Hedds can’t do A LOT of physical things she used to do b/c her knee is seriously blown. No more soccer. No more snowboarding. She is amazed that I run more than she does. Or that I run at all. We’ve done a serious role reversal. It’s sad that we can never snowboard together. This soreness will pass. I am lucky.

And I've figured out why my hips hurt...damn psoas.

2 comments:

Manda said...

LET'S GO SNOWBOARDING. Like, NOW.

nuprin said...

Man, comment notification is spotty...

and you can go snowboard in the perfect snow for it. Skank.