21 October 2008

.: What's Wrong With Being Muslim? :.

Its been hard to listen to sound bites from the Republican campaign about Muslims. My best friend is Muslim. The day he heard terrorists were involved on 9/11, he immediately shaved his beard. I lived with a Muslim family for almost a year. I am forever grateful of their kindness and patience with me. I didn't know what to say to explain (or defend) the Muslim culture in America to all the ignorant ignorant people. I could not believe what I was hearing...

Then I saw Colin Powell during his interview on Meet The Press...



He said what I was feeling. Using words I wish I could have said in those frustrating debates with people insisting that Obama is Muslim. What had moved me the most was Powell's description of a picture of a fallen American solider who was Muslim.



picture>thousandwords

No comments: