I remember dancing at Java Jive in the C-Shop. Once. My last dance was with a lead I would not realize was THE Chris Yee, that is, until I saw pictures of him hanging of the walls at Blue Door.
*sigh*
It was a very strange and sentimental night. The DJ played songs I would have danced to as I was learning 6-count swing in Chambana. Certain songs brought me back to a specific dancer and a dance we may have had on the Engineer Quad or.. dear god, I'd forgotten the Tuesday night venue. Please someone remind me.
And today was a day for teaching. For preparation for our Swing I class in Evanston. My partner and I met to look at the space we will be using. Then discussed over lunch our game plan. Then, (oh god can I suck) we had to walk, talk, and dance out our first lesson. Luckily, my partner is more the communicator of these ideas. I have a lot of practicing to do. This includes bloody well learning the damn shim sham right.
There was teaching at Java Jive. More like bar lessons but I could hear these words that made sense and were concise. They were actually coming out of my mouth. Its great that some of the dudes that I've dragged out on the dance floor are still dancing. Whatmore, dancing with me! A very good night all round.
Except for Aris. I hate him. A lot.
28 January 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ok Manda... You'll probably read this. and if you don't , no real loss .
COME OUT DANCING, DAMMIT!!!
Listen, Buttface... I always read this thing. Also, I will come out dancing... It's just been a hermity month, y'know?
We're going to the Chinese New Year Parade tomorrow [Sunday] and you should come... Also, let's go ice skating.
I hate you too, punk.
I think Tuesday was...Legends? I'm not sure, that was before my time.
And if not Legends, either Mabel's or Bradley's Country?
Twas Legends AND I used to swing dance at Bradley's on the night it wasn't a country western bar. Hell, I danced at Bradley's even when it was a country and western bar. Boot Scoot Boogie, ma bitches!
Post a Comment