23 September 2003

....morons....

ok I was ready to post a long tirade about morons b/c I've been reminded recently of the moron I've dealt with esp one I ran into last night...but rather, let me relate to you a story that VERY clearly has no mark of a moron... (if it does someone please PLEASE let me know since as far as I know my moron alarm is STILL not working...)

So I mentioned how Jeff and I met through Friendster but I was saving the story of the first night we met for a time like right about *now*.

After the exchange of messages and email, at some point Jeff goes ahead and contacts me through YIM. Unfortunately its right before I'm going out to HotHouse for my birthday jam. but on a whim I invite him out b/c I believe he'd mentioned going out to watch some jazz over the weekend. I remember watching the door hoping he would show up which he didn't. The next day was my birthday and I'd spent it in Downers Grove, with NO internet. I remember wiggin cause I wanted to see his response to my email. I finally get home Wednesday night and we end up IMing for a long while. Really frank and upfront stuff too. Enough for Jeff to mention that he wanted to drink some wine so he went and got some. I said I wanted some too. He'd said: Come over.

Come over. That was phrase the was bandied about for another hour or so, until I'd mentioned the Stitch backpack Nana had bought for my birthday. Jeff said he wanted to see that. I said: Come over. He said: ok. So he did (around 1am with his bike and an extra helmet and gloves. I remember me showing him Stitch first thing and he shaking my hand in introduction. I don't' know how it was possible but we still kept talking as we were riding to Montrose Harbor. At one point he'd asked if the speed was ok. I said sure. I guess this was a signal for him go even faster but I don't know where the idea to do a wheelie came in. I'd find out later that is just a Jeff thing to do.

Montrose Harbor ended up being VERY closed. So we went back down LSD and ended up at the Planetarium. We go and sit down by the lake. Jeff busts out a bottle of Blackberry wine - so good! and we continue to talk until the Chicago police break up the party. Tragically the wine was dumped but Jeff saved the cork, gave it to me and said (and I remembered this wrong): You can show this to our grandchildren. I remember thinking that was a kinda freaky thing to say but I shoved the cork in my jeans pocket anyway. Then in my usual drinky fashion, I sucker punched him and started a lil fight.

We then ended up at Iggy's talking till it closed. I liked how we would just end up talking closer and closer all the time. and tho it was a workday for Jeff and I had to travel to Omaha the next day, we stayed up till almost 7am talking (seriously.) Then after an hour of sleep, we left, Jeff to go to work and me to go finish packing from the Division Blue Line station. Before Jeff board the train that came much to soon, he gave me a HUGE hug that lifted me off my feet.

No it did not just end there folks... we IM'd till Jeff got hungry and couldn't wait until Rox picked us up for our trip.. and it never even ended there....

No comments: