16 December 2003

.:] I'm good...[:.

for like, another few months.

Had one of those indescribable blues dances with backstreet tonight. And all I can say is that we were ON. Sure, we were kidding about making out in the corner but damn... I seriously needed a cigarette after that dance.

ok let's see if I can put this in civilian/laymen's terms. First of all when you get a good dance, its the great communication, without words, WITH the music, and the level/style of dancing, the timing, and pleasure. ALL of that all at once.. That's OOMPH. When you can get all that goodness to work together that's more than magic. Its like having all the planets align but the cool thing is you know YOU had a part in it; making it work and creating something special. So then with a blues dance its even more intimate, not just in the sexually charged music, not just the suggestive intimate dancing, there is more risk involved. I believe that there has to be more trust, creatively and physically. Its like writing a song with someone. Its like taking bits and pieces of yourself, you, your mind, and putting it out there. Making it work. Together. Its a trip. And I love it.

Reminds me... Found an old, old email from someone I'd written a good song with the other day. It was about art, music, and creating. Maybe once I have the guts to hunt him down again, I'll have to post the letter. Plus it was a nice little pat on the back for me...

Oh and I got see MK perform too. That' s just always awesome. I'm just grateful I've got such talented friends. It not only motivated me to get me butt out there but I also got some really good sketches of the other performers. I really wish I could share them....

No comments: