I'd spent the majority of yesterday doing a promotions gig out in the cold. Makes me curious about how people, hundreds of people interact with the strangers they meet everyday that want to share a little information with them. How do people IGNORE the existance of someone? I used to hate HATE the rejection I felt after auditions. But to feel ignored by perfect strangers when I have perfect good information to give... I mean I understand folks have places to go and things to do so that helps. But try this: watch how people avert their eyes and change their path or pace to avoid homeless people. I've seen people do this to hotel workers while I was doing gig/events for Crunch. Is there a reason why people try their damndest to not look at other people? I look forward to going to Europe and watching interaction of this nature in another country.
Yet during this day it was still very productive in other areas. That's why I love gigs like this. I tossed out and received email and phone calls. All the while getting paid for a good cause. Oooo reminds me of an intersting interaction I'll have to write about later.
Come home exhausted but hungry for some dancing. Starving for it. I don't remember the last time I wanted to call everyone and find out where the party was. Met more interesting leads from Denver, got a good dancy with JL *swoon*, listened to one of the Denver boys croon with the band *swoon again*. and the night didn't end there. It just made me realise some simple truths about me:
- I hate to lose pool. esp. when I make stupid mistakes. Reason #207 Woodwork needs to come to Chicago- School Tessa.
- I no longer feel the need to compete with younger girls for a man's attention. Perhaps the first time I glowed in my *actual* maturity.
- Like hell I'm going to dance with a man who has clearly got an Asian fetish.
- Johnny Lloyd makes for a good fake boyfriend.
- I talk alot of nasty shit when I'm drinky.
- I can party. Responsibly. Like mad. LIke a responsible Rockstar? naw...
05 February 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment