While I was in the ole' D.G., I found my hatbox of old cards and letters from family, friends, and boyfriends, etc. Wow, I've come a long way. Its kinda sad the friends that I haven't kept up with (or haven't kept up with me). Its powerful to see the words I "woulda coulda shoulda" sent. For all those break-ups with friends and lovers that I'd perceived as hurtful and stunting - I'd learned alot. Others- well "eh." And I'll be damned if I didn't date alot of guys that meant well but were awful writers. However I know I am missing a very important 'love' letter that I'd used to carry around with me. So eloquent and truthful and pure and poetic these words, from a guy that would eventually cheat on me. Or worse "try to spare my feelings."
Originally, Cat Stevens, then Rod Stewart, and now Sheryl Crow...
Sheryl Crow - The First Cut Is The Deepest
I would have given you all of my heart
But there's someone who's torn it apart
And he's taken just all that I had
But if you want I'll try to love again
Baby I'll try to love again but I know
The first cut is the deepest
Baby I know the first cut is the deepest
But when it come to being lucky he's cursed
When it come to loving me he's the worst
I still want you by my side
Just to help me dry the tears that I've cried
And I'm sure going to give you a try
And if you want I'll try to love again
Baby I'll try to love again but I know
The first cut is the deepest
Baby I know the first cut is the deepest
But when it come to being lucky he's cursed
When it come to loving me she's the worst
I still want you by my side
Just to help me dry the tears that I've cried
But I'm sure gonna give you a try
'cause if you want I'll try to love again
Baby I'll try to love again but I know
The first cut is the deepest
Baby I know the first cut is the deepest
When it come to being lucky he's cursed
When it come to loving me he's the worst
27 January 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment