25 January 2004

.:] My Mar [:.

Mom never fails to surprise me.

First she pisses me off. Our family has quite the collection of ...junk. Its mostly stored in the garage but its ALL over the house in the D.G. So I got a brilliant idea I'd received from going to the Avon Meeting. I'd asked if I could hold a garage sale and use the profits towards my donation. My mom started laughing; " yeah, like that is going to happen." My face reddened. When I had asked her what she meant by that, she'd pointed out that I'd said I'd like to have a garage sale in the past but I never got around to it.

I was livid: "Do you want me to prove you wrong? Is that what you want? 'Cause I'll do it!" She just kinda rolled her eyes at me then we took off to go have breakfast.

Really. My mother has survived cancer herself. What was with this attitude? What a memory to remind me of all the times I let her down. I was angry but I din't see the point in brewing in it while we sat and had breakfast. So I went on to share all my plans for fundraising. She then reminded me of all the folks we knew who had suffered from cancer, particularly breast cancer. So she shared with me a list of names that I should contact about donations. As she was driving me home, she was saying she wouldn't be able to walk the distance. So I'd mentioned that they NEEDED crew and volunteers, like folks to help pass out water or lunches. Suddenly, my mom, a nurse at Loyola, got all excited, "I could work the medical tent!" She'd even offered to try to get her boss who is currently a breast cancer patient to voluntter her medical knowledge. Man, the woman will never fail to surprise me IF I don't completely write her off when she pisses me off.

No comments: