It was horrible. Three incredible movies in a row and now I can't seem to recover...
Went on a movie marathon with devon (I honestly can't think of a nickname) and belcanto. To be honest twas awesome. So awesome we continued the evening joining belcanto at the bars with her friends...
but onto the movies:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: I could go on and on about this movie. I got to an interesting interview with Charlie Kaufman with Charlie Rose the day before. Also annapan had an insightful entry: Check out "I want brain damage." It was pointed out to me how it was filmed in the way that memory works. The loss of detail. The brain mapping is and interesting part of memory I 've been fascinated with as of late - esp. since I've been trying to be more aware of my brain process. I was kinda distracted thinking if I want brain damage or not myself SO I NEED to see this again very soon.
Big Fish- Wow. I so needed to see this. I'm discovering my life is going really well however, I've very dissatisfied with my relationship with my father. This movie really kinda captured the situation and a fear I have that one of us is going to die without resolving anything. The movie is incredibly entertaining and Ewan is dreamy. I gotta see this again.
City of God - I don't know if I'm ready to write about this. I seriously suffered some crazy physical stress watching this movie. I will probably never watch this movie again. However, it will stay with me for the rest of my life. Kinda like the way American Me did. I'm disgusted with certain events in the movies but I understand that it is the nasty real part of life.
I left the theatre feeling really kinda sickened and depressed despite the AMAZING movies, the great time, and the good friends. Luckily, I think after talking about the shows with devon and belcanto I slowly came to the realization I've had this cloud of dread looming over my head.
Clementine: This is it Joel. It's going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.
I'm just going to try to enjoy it. All of it. The stress. The dread. The happiness. The success. The enjoyment.
31 March 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment