18 March 2004

.:] Not Too Hot [:.

I'm feeling rather cold really. Nothing to do with the weather really either. I'm getting down on myself after some disappointing news.

Its interesting this talent I have for being wacky and cheering people on and making people laugh. et most of the time I can't do that for myself. I'm sure I've oodles of silver linings to be found in this fog as of late yet... I'm still in a bit of a fog.

First, after tonight's rehearsal, I think its actually sinking in that I'm learning a solo for a performance that's going up in less than two weeks. I'm doing really well considering I just learned it last night. I'll be outstanding I'm sure. I just need to get it drilled in with the music... Its been a hassle having the rehearsals cutting into my work schedule but I'm getting another kind of payoff, I think.

I've been really turned off of Lindy this past month. Awful that it comes after an inspirational workshop. Alas, the disappointment of Black and Tan among other things, I dunno, just don't get me dancing anymore. Annimal and da Unicorn will be at Fizz this week. Those two will atleast get me out on the floor. I'm lucky that Floss! has been working my creative juices.

And then work. The Front Desk staff has been reduced. I, for example, have one day a week. HOWEVER, my boss has mentioned that this is also because he wants to put me on a new promotions team. Something something about making sure my salary reflects that. I wasn't paying attention b/c I'd noticed that some *morons* were kept on front desk schedule and not me. What does that say about my way of thinking? A new prospect comes along and I'm still looking behind me....

Ok I'm done with the Negative Nancy routine. If'n y'all wanna check out the American Girl kickin' it Beboian Style, I'll open the can o' whoop ass every Saturday night at the Cornservatory starting the 27th of March.

No comments: