28 August 2003

...friends know...

an interesting line of email from a friend: "you must stop focusing on yourself and remember that you have the real potential to be a healer of people. They need your services. And this is why you must finish school, and this is what will, in fact, heal you!"

I've really been so wrapped up in me and what I'm getting out being a massage therapist that I've forgotten what it is all about in the big picture. Even when I do get the positive feedback from folks, its all gone to my ego stroking and not so much to realizing that I've actually helped some relieve some pain. Or else, there are the times I get on this self-critical kick and I'm kicking myself b/c I can't remember how to do a certain technique to help someone. I've hated to have to tell someone: "I'll look that up for you and we can work on it next time."

But that is what school is for. Its like what Bob King has told us. School is where we can make our mistakes and learn from them. I could cry I feel like I've disppointed people left and right. But I got to remember: I don't make mistakes, I syncopate.

Ooo.. and another good mantra: Want to be happy, got so little time, every day seems crazy, but every days mine! Good stuff huh? got it from a poet laureate :P

No comments: