I'd so post these ideas on WH if it were friggin up. I can't complain I know this down means that the new version will be up!
Anyhoo.. amazing dancing at Fizz last night... parade performance went well... so many of old school kids were out... so much hugging, just what I needed.... and the newbies too!
My dancing is so mediocre right now. But I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Funny its one of the few things in my life that I have patience for. I know its a cycle. I'll feel better with my ankle and my dancing and I'll start taking more risks again. I should apply that somewhere else...
I knew it was a little off when I danced with a couple of dancers that I could call my touchstones if I didn't reserve that title to Bradley. Nonetheless, dancing with Hashish and Backstreet had me realize that I was holding back. Part of it was that I was wary about my ankle. It didn't help that I didn't bring any dance shoes. Hash was throwing out all kinds of cool stuff from SF and I wasn't keeping up at all. Actually the same thing happened with DiscoBallChris. He's surpassed me in skill and I certainly wasn't close to keeping up with him. But then with Backstreet, while it was nice and reminiscent of old times, it lacked the dynamics we would usually have. *sigh* Mebbe dancing in LA, CA will recharge me...
gotta write more about dancing with the newbies and involving more folks in the scene...
25 November 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment