11 November 2003

.:] Yummy goodness [:.

So as I'd mentioned I had incredible luck thanks to metromix.

Firstly, since there is no way I'm going to cook in my Pops' place, I knew I had to find a place to break fast. Then I discovered my guest from Cali had a great appreciation of food AND COFFEE!! Well, I always passed by Riverside Deli as I rode the Armitage bus into the city from the 'hood. So we took a go at it. Good bless adventurous friends! Its a quaint tiny little place (or so I'd thought) that served great coffee and left a big carafe for the both of us. Wonderful breakfast special that included plantains for Alexis and an Italian fritata for me. As we finished up, the manager invited us to take a look around the entire restaurant. There were three more additional rooms! Beautiful and interesting antiques and prints throughout the back rooms. She showed us where they have a fantastic Sunday brunch. Since it was pretty cold out, we didn't venture out to their garden area.

The next morning, our ongoing hunt for great coffee brought us to Bittersweet on Belmont. Beautiful cafe that unfortunately was packed when we arrived but worth the short wait to sit and have a soup and sandwich - Mmm.. Potato artichoke soup and a lovely salami concoction. I had an Illy coffee and Alexis slurped down so carefully and completely the Bittersweet Hot Chocolate. Its a hot cocoa served in a beautiful white bowl with nummy orange flavors. Then we treated ourselves to cute lil desserts. I'd had the Creme Brulee (!!!) and I think A. had the Almond Something with Blueberries. All too pretty to eat but we did anyways... yeah.... until the Pops wedding announcement I was think *this* is the place I'm getting the wedding cake from.... now I don't wanna get married and I wanna scarf down a phatty triple pack of Hostess cupcakes... makes sense - Bittersweet.

ah well.. for another adventure, Ddub and I are meeting a couple from his neighborhood for sushi!! We're going to check out Oysy. Let you guys know what's the deal tomorrow...

No comments: