..."gettin' ma GDS on, yo!"...
ya ok these late night drinkyposts have got to stop... after tomorrow..
Amazing time at the Green Dolphin. So many wonderful people out tonight and most that I hadn't seen in forever. AND dress pretty swank I might add. The guys were certainly better dressed than the girlies. Here's some pics - I had Pop's camera! (phew..I have man perfume on me)
I met a slew of new people on the scene. More like from The UC Law School. I just lounged quite more than I actually danced. I certainly spent a lot of time admiring dancers. There was Manny the Latin Instructor and his partner as well as Allen and Rudy again. I have a wonderful essay floating in my head about how it feels to be lead by a man. To be held and guided through an idea that he's created in his head with the music.. I'm not going to on right now. Funny I was wondering how I could explain it to someone like Jeff. Should be interesting.
Speaking of non-dancers, I have a new reader *wave* hi woodwork! I'll answer your email in the morning... And I convinced one of the law students to take me out on the dance floor. Kinda like showing a virgin the ropes. Entertaining in its own way. I smiled the entire dance.... it was lovely. I swear...I don't know what people are afraid of...you *almost* can never do wrong! Another essay on convincing people to dance...
So many classic Big Band songs tonight but I found this song mention in the Wedding Dance Songs thread. Like the poster mentions, most folks know the Beatles version which is faster...AND I just remembered the older lady that gets the vocal lessons from Robbie sings this song too ;) :
Anita Bryant - 'Til There was You
- words and music by Meredith Willson (c)1957
There were bells on a hill
But I never heard them ringing
No I never heard them at all
'Til there was you
There were birds in the sky
But I never saw them winging
No I never saw them at all
'Til there was you
Then there was music
And wonderful roses
They tell me in sweet fragrant
Meadows of dawn and dew
There was love all around
But I never heard it singing
No I never heard it at all
'Til there was you
02 October 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment