::]:: The Planets Align or How I Had A High Fidelity Weekend Without Even Trying ::[::
I was soo sooo tired from doin da bunny earlier in the day. And the Cubbies were losing in the 7th inning. But I promised Evin I would work the door at Boulevard Swing, so I got off my butt and made myself look respectable. Then I borrowed my Dad's car so I wouldn't be ridiculously late {plus I wanted to see if he'd say 'yes' - more on driving later}. This is usually how my life works.. I do what I do and the planets align.
I wasn't going to go but then I saw Tom. I'd been thinking of him for weeks {right, MK?} and there he was with me squeezing him. I din't even really think about it.. It was a modified tacklehug with extra squeeze. And I was just in such shock I know I kept holding him b/c I din't know what to say. I remember writing long ago that the last time that I hugged Tom good-bye it felt like I was going through the motions. This time it was truly sincere. And I was so happy that he was doing well. He's changing his career and going back to school. He finally got that tattoo and it looks amazing. He's so much more happier than he was before - so stressed out and worried. So for that I know all was for the best. I gave him my contact info. I do hope he keeps in touch.
It was an ok time at BSC not the best but wow I am really lucky I get to dance with some cool leads. Got to spend some time with Anne-girl too! Then left early and had an insightful talk with Relax. I can't remember the last time we got to sit and talk esp out at Golden Apple... Good friends and good times.
Got a good chance to re-organize at home, catch up with laundry and do some mending. I'm thinking about repainting the walls before I put up the crates. Watched the game a bit and then headed off to Studio X AGAIN with the GT b/c I actually got in touch with woodwork and knew we'd meet up afterwards. And WOW what a time at Studio - but that's a whole 'nother entry later. So FINALLY meet up with woodwork and his friend. We go to Tequila Roadhouse - man, *there's* some memories. I get this fantastic dose of apology from woodwork but really, I was 'over it' otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to meet.. But I do realize why things didn't work out and I swear its all about communication. Damn phones and all. Even now I'm waiting for a call. I think our relationship was more about him apologizing for things and games of questions more than actual conversation. Again I feel all was for the best. All the same I'm really happy that we got to spend time together and I hope to get to keep in touch with him too. I guess this is kinda how that "closure" stuff works. Over it. Feels kinda weird but I think I can get used to it.
Kinda of how this amazing private lesson with Virginie happened today with "Ti- toos". And this is where I get my message from the universe.... things are going to feel weird when you trying to learn something new, learn to do something better. But its worth it. Strip down to the basics... and when you can shine from there.. . who needs to be a rockstar?
13 October 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment