::]:: Lost In Translation ... Or The Mystery of Romance in Japan ::[::
Finished Maison Ikkoku {thanks, franker!} and watched Lost in Translation and I'm perplexed as to how wonderful artists, writers, and directors capture the bittersweet torture of relationships. I hate the predictability of romance in movies nowadays. {did I just type "nowadays"? - sheesh I'm getting old} The funny thing is I know what happens at the end of these movies. Its blaring right at me on the cover of the DVD for Maison Ikkoku. And this time, I didn't read a slew of reviews of watch the teasers. I actually went based on the FilmTease guys review for Lost In Translation. Yet, based on what I knew of Sofia Coppola and her stuff {yeah, I watched the extra stuff on The Virgin Suicides DVD.}, I knew not to expect a happy ending - necessarily. It was a happy ending not Disney but not horrible. Just the kinda ending I needed after such a trip of not-knowing and wondering. Both of these films take you on this adventure, sure you know where you're going, but getting there - who knows?
Oh and Bill Murray surprisingly takes Bryan Ferry to a whole nother level - I imagine TW would be like that if I ever saw him karaoke. Reading the lyrics I'm glad they made this choice. SO need to get this soundtrack:
Roxy Music - More Than This
I could feel at the time
There was no way of knowing
Fallen leaves in the night
Who can say where they're blowing
As free as the wind
And hopefully learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning
More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
More than this - there is nothing
It was fun for a while
There was no way of knowing
Like dream in the night
Who can say where we're going
No care in the world
Maybe I'm learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning
More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
More than this - there is nothing
09 October 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment