So she was in town with Steven this past weekend and totally didn't go to the workshops - tho I had credit with BMG. *kicking self*
But luckily TT, asked if I wanted to take private lesson with Virginie and we'd split it. Damn, the best money I'd spent in a long time. And really inspirational. Just watching her and Steven was impressive but damn. Just listening and knowing her philosophy and science of dancing is bloody impressive. And she said she liked my style but that I would have learned ALOT if I went to the workshop *still kicking self*
We'd only worked on three basic moves but she broke it apart. The lesson stripped us down to the basics and made us rework what we knew. It was so weird. It was so difficult. Probably the most work I've had to do in a while. It'll be worth it. Funny, I went into the lesson thinking that I wanted to work on doing tricks ie different levels. This was much more interesting... AND applicable to what I'm trying to do with my life in general.
For example, I tossed out all this unnecessary crap and made more room in my bedroom. I'm actually trying to modify my environment to make it more livable for me. As opposed to running and hiding. And it feels kinda weird actually having the organization system kinda work right now. I mean, I realized that outside of college I haven't been in ONE place for more than a year. When would I have a chance to learn to find a organization system that does work?
But V. said this, "It will feel strange, and you won't learn it today or tomorrow, but it will be easier and you will learn it." true dat.
16 October 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment